Door of san Miguel – Puerta de san Miguel

This door is located at the beginning of the ship called San Roque and should have been the first to be completed in the Gothic building;

Formerly known as San Laureano, by the immediate chapel, and although its name corresponds to the Birth of Christ, its habitual name, San Miguel, is given to face the old San Miguel Study, a university institution dedicated to Philology founded by Alfonso X El Sabio in 1254. In the jambs, made by the aforementioned Breton artist, the four most prominent evangelists are Saint Laurean, a French saint mysteriously transplanted to Seville, and St. Hermenegildo, a Visigothic prince who revolted in Seville. One of the sculptures of the archivolts exhibits a Gothic sign that certifies the authorship of Pedro Millán.

Read more